VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES DURING COVID-19
Hope 1 Ministries first priority is to keep all volunteers and their families safe during this national emergency. While we do understand that those who are not suffering from the virus or those who recover from it may want to help, we encourage all volunteer activities be restricted to life-sustaining activities or virtual volunteer opportunities. The following are general guidelines for in person volunteerism to help keep you safe so you can help others, and so we all get through this crisis together. https://www.unitedwaylebco.org/
Our primary goals are to:
- Protect Volunteers
- Protect Clients
- Protect Families
General Guidelines for Volunteers
- Do NOT show up to volunteer for any activity if in the last14 days you have:
- Traveled to any foreign country or large metropolitan city.
- Been on a cruise or been in an airport.
- Been around anyone who has COVID-19.
- Been to an event where there was more than 250 people.
- Do NOT show up to volunteer for any activity without confirming that there is a need for the activity, that it will be conducted, and that volunteer support is needed and expected.
- BEFORE arriving for a volunteer shift, call ahead to ask if any additional safety precautions should be taken before, during and after the shift.
- ALLOW extra time for additional screening from volunteer organization to make sure you are cleared to volunteer for the task.
- EXPECT that shifts or opportunities may be cancelled, especially volunteer opportunities working with vulnerable populations. Please be gracious and understanding.
- DO practice universal infection control precautions. Clean and wash your hands before, during, and after volunteering.
- DO use proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) if needed for the task.
- DO maintain a minimum of a 6-10 food separation from others while conducting the task.
- ASK about any risk that may be associated with the task and DO NOT take part if you are uncomfortable with the level of risk.
Anytime you use your God-given abilities to help others, you are fulfilling your purpose of life. What matters is not the Duration of your life, but the Donation of it.Rick Warren
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on:
6 thoughts on “Volunteer”