The Smile Of God is the goal of life
Five acts of worship that make God smile:
- God smiles when we love him supremely. Noah loved God more than anything else in the world, even when no one else did. Genesis 6:9BNLT
- God smiles when we trust him completely. The second reason Noah pleased God is that he trusted God. even when it didn’t make sense. Hebrews 11:7
- God smiles when we obey him wholeheartedly. Often we try to offer God partial obedience, Whole hearted obedience is done joyfully, with enthusiasm. Psalm 119:33
- God smiles when we praise and thank him continually. We are told to offer God the scarf ice of praise and the sacrifice of thanksgiving. Hebrews 13:5
- And God smiles when we use our abilities. God enjoys watching every detail of your life. Genesis 9:1,3
Every human activity, except sin, can be done for God’s pleasure if you do it with the attitude of praise. Will you make pleasing God the goal of your life? There is nothing that God won’t do for the person totally absorbed with this goal.
Point to Ponder: God smiles when I trust him.
Verse to Remember: “The Lord is pleased with those who worship him and trust his love.” Psalm 147:11 (CEV)
Question to Consider: Since God knows what is best, in what areas of my life do I need to trust him most?
The Bible tells us, “The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives.” Psalm 37:23 (NLT)